Property taxes have long been the backbone of local government revenues. However, the effects of the 2008 recession and recent policy changes have introduced significant challenges in planning for property tax revenue. Policy Analytics provides the following property tax forecasting services:
- Detailed historical tax base analysis at the parcel level
- Tax base forecasting – real property and personal property
- Circuit breaker impact analysis for Indiana entities
- Property tax revenue forecasting
- Taxpayer impact analysis
- Policy evaluation and alternatives analysis
The full implications of property tax decisions are not immediately apparent. Using its parcel level Local Government Revenue Model, Policy Analytics aids local leaders with comprehensive property tax analyses, including impacts on taxpayers and other taxing units.